Islamic Center of Baton Rouge (ICBR) is seeking a full-time Imam to serve its diverse and rapidly growing community. The imam is expected to play a lead role in coordinating religious services and promoting the spiritual and moral development of adults and youth through structured programs, prayer services, and religious counseling. The imam will serve as a religious guide for the community and will coordinate/lead outreach efforts with the non-Muslim community at large.
• Minimum college degree or certification in Islamic Shari’ah/Studies or equivalent
• 2-3 years experience as an imam (in a diverse community in the U.S. preferred) or in a leadership role in a masjid setting preferred
• Preferably a hafiz or have memorized a significant portion of the Qur’an
• Mastery of tajweed required and mastery of Quranic Arabic preferred
• Must be available to lead five daily prayers
• Proficiency in giving khutba English is required and in Arabic is preferred
• Experience in religious counseling preferred
• Experience implementing a curriculum/structured program for the community (Tarbiyyah) preferred
• Experience interacting/outreach with non-Muslims preferred
• Must be legal resident of the U.S. (citizen or green card)
ICBR will offer a competitive salary, medical benefits and relocation assistance.
Interested candidate, please submit your resume with a cover letter to
IcbrJobs@gmail.com or to our mailing address at Imam Search Committee, 285 East Airport Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70806.